If you’re suffering from neck pain in York, East York, North York, and South York, PA, Dr. Paul Klein of Heritage Chiropractic is committed to providing effective, personalized treatment to help you achieve relief.
What Is Neck Pain and What Causes It?
Neck pain is any pain you experience beneath the head at or around the spine, and it’s a common issue. Your neck is responsible for keeping your head upright and helping it move all day long. It does this with the support of several muscles, tendons, nerves, joints, and ligaments. When any of these elements are damaged, overused, or out of alignment, it can cause neck and other types of pain.
Risk Factors Associated With Neck Pain
Neck pain can occur in anyone at any time. However, some people are more prone to neck pain than others. They typically fit into the following criteria:
- People over 30, as the discs in the neck naturally wear down over time
- Those who are overweight or obese, as excess weight tends to put unnecessary stress on the muscles and joints
- Suffering from other conditions, including different types of arthritis, anxiety, or depression
- Negative overall health, as not exercising or eating well can damage the body
- Smokers and drinkers, as both can have an impact on health
- Occupations where you have to sit, stand, or lift all day
Treatment for Neck Pain
There is no one treatment that will cure all neck pain, as each person’s pain can come from a wide range of root causes. When visiting Dr. Klein, he’ll do a comprehensive evaluation to determine where your neck pain is coming from.
Once he has a full understanding, Dr. Klein will devise a treatment plan that will address the cause and the symptoms. It might include one or several of the following treatment options:
- Chiropractic adjustments
- Massage therapy
- Physical therapy
- Electrical muscle stimulation
- Lifestyle and behavioral modifications, such as postural and ergonomic corrections
If necessary, medications, injections, and surgery will also be discussed.
Neck pain doesn’t have to put a stop to your life. If you live in York, East York, North York, or South York, PA, call (717) 840-8155 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Klein at Heritage Chiropractic today.