A calorie based common sense nutritional approach has been validated by research and very helpful with many of our patients. We offer nutritional support, for those who choose, based on your personal history and health goals, helping you reach your optimal health. Proper nutrition and adequate clean water intake is an essential key to a well balanced health care program.
The primary guidelines of our program are:
1. Avoid high intake of dairy products such as milk, cheese, ice cream, etc.. Natural, unsweetened, live culture yogurt may be tolerated by some patients. Also, avoid high intake of protein and fat found in beef, pork, and veal. Although, prudent amounts of high quality protein are vital to a healthy existence, especially deer, elk, fresh fish, salmon, sardines, chicken, and turkey, etc..
2. Reduce gluten and carbohydrate intake found in bread, pasta, crackers, cereals, and other products containing flour and other processed products. This is the most difficult part of the program, but also very important to good success.
3. Drink at least 1-2 quarts of clean, filtered or distilled water per day. Also eat foods that are water enriched. Your body is 80% water and your eating habits should be high in fruits, vegetables, or their freshly squeezed juices.
4. Avoid over consumption of products that contain alcohol, caffeine, nicotene, as well as high fructose compounds found in many soft drinks.
5. Learn to read your labels carefully! Avoid hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated fats (trans fats). Avoid sugar and most sugar substitutes. Remember, go natural and avoid processed foods.
6. Depending on the patient's condition and health care goals, all natural vitamin and mineral supplementation may be appropiate.
**Please consult your doctor before beginning any nutritional program**